Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Asian Franchises > Toyota/Lexus > Sales

Notices

Old 02-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Toyota/Lexus Dealers concerned about vehicle quality

While their domestic counterparts worried about profitability and a shrinking dealer network, the Toyota and Lexus Dealers that attended the NADA Make Meetings in San Francisco were concerned about vehicle quality.

Both Toyota and Lexus have had a fantastic run in terms of increased market share and dealer profitability. As good as things are, dealers expressed concern that Toyota's image may be harmed if various quality concerns are not addressed.

An unusual number of recalls and issues with the Toyota Tundra truck have placed quality concerns under the spotlight.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator

Default Here's a question for the people on the "Front Line"

As stated above, the primary concern expressed by Toyota and Lexus dealers at the NADA meetings related to vehicle quality.

Here's the question for the "Front Line" people - the Salespeople, Service Advisers, etc.
  • Has Toyota's quality dropped?
  • Are your customers aware of all the media reports concerning Toyota's quality?
  • Has the issue had any impact on sales?
If you're an employee at a Toyota or Lexus Dealership, please register with the site and share your opinion. (You may even win our $100 Gift Card Drawing)
Old 02-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
Rod Barajas

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
As stated above, the primary concern expressed by Toyota and Lexus dealers at the NADA meetings related to vehicle quality.

Here's the question for the "Front Line" people - the Salespeople, Service Advisers, etc.
  • Has Toyota's quality dropped?
  • Are your customers aware of all the media reports concerning Toyota's quality?
  • Has the issue had any impact on sales?
If you're an employee at a Toyota or Lexus Dealership, please register with the site and share your opinion. (You may even win our $100 Gift Card Drawing)
I have heard these gripes selling against the Toyota/Lexus brand...My opinion is they gave up on quality to get the Top Auto Maker in the World Title...Good product...But it will catch up.
Rod Barajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Barajas View Post
I have heard these gripes selling against the Toyota/Lexus brand...My opinion is they gave up on quality to get the Top Auto Maker in the World Title...Good product...But it will catch up.
Great point - as good as Toyota is they can still slip just like any of the other Auto Manufacturers.

My bet is that this will just be a bump in the road for them - I think it will be a non-issue in a year. Toyota does so many things right it's hard for me to believe that they could get too far off track.