Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default 20 pounds of pot found at Mopar's Centerline Depot

If you're experiencing a surge in applications for a Parts Countermen position, this news report may provide the reason - click here

The report indicated employees at Mopar's Centerline Depot discovered 20 pounds of pot when they were opening a shipment of wiper blades. The pot was in two 10 pound bricks just under the first row of parts. The street value of the pot was said to be between $20K and $30K.

The wiper blades arrived at Centerline in a sealed box from a Chrysler supplier in the southwestern part of the country. Police officials did not name the supplier.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
If you're experiencing a surge in applications for a Parts Countermen position, this news report may provide the reason - click here

The report indicated employees at Mopar's Centerline Depot discovered 20 pounds of pot when they were opening a shipment of wiper blades. The pot was in two 10 pound bricks just under the first row of parts. The street value of the pot was said to be between $20K and $30K.

The wiper blades arrived at Centerline in a sealed box from a Chrysler supplier in the southwestern part of the country. Police officials did not name the supplier.
All this BS is starting to make sense!
If thats what you get with wiper blades imagine if you ordered a Transmisson!
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
CL Pgh

This may explain why EVERYTHING is currently on back order. Maybe it's harvesting season!?
CL Pgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
Needhelp

Does this explain anything about the "profitability" of Chrysler?
Needhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needhelp View Post
Does this explain anything about the "profitability" of Chrysler?
Well, Chrysler did have a surprising accumulation of cash last quarter...

On a serious note, doesn't this crime go in the category of "stupid criminals?" If the box is still sealed then police know they've got two employees on the inside they need to identify and arrest - one at Chrysler and one at the supplier.

On another serious note, I've heard of this same thing happening at a dealership. A drug dealer was bribing a counterman to send and receive shipments with the theory that the large number of packages wouldn't be suspicious since they were coming from a dealership.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
On another serious note, I've heard of this same thing happening at a dealership. A drug dealer was bribing a counterman to send and receive shipments with the theory that the large number of packages wouldn't be suspicious since they were coming from a dealership.
Here's a link to the original post about the $1.6 Million Drug Bust at a car dealership - click here

The counterman was getting paid $100 for every delivery. As I mentioned in the original post, I guess this is just one more thing for GMs and dealers to worry about....
Old 08-10-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
XDCX
Administrator

Smile This thread was mentioned in Automotive News

I think it's cool this thread was mentioned in a story Donna Harris wrote for Automotive News - On the subject of criminals ... got any working for you?

While I wouldn't contend that using a dealership's parts department as shipping venue is common for drug dealers, I'd be willing to bet it's happening at other dealerships as I type this post.