Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 AM   #1
ssdd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,045
Default three for one deal

Is anybody taking them up on this deal where you buy 3.00 worth of parts and the give you a 1.00 return allowance?
I seems to me they are trying to get dealers to buy cars and parts almost at desperation...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdd View Post
Is anybody taking them up on this deal where you buy 3.00 worth of parts and the give you a 1.00 return allowance?
I seems to me they are trying to get dealers to buy cars and parts almost at desperation...
That actually sounds like a great deal - is there a catch?

While I agree that Chrysler's obviously pushing to hit their parts sales objective it may be a great deal for the dealer that's sitting on a lot of dead inventory.

In the past I know that some of these programs had limitations that made them less attractive - mostly that you could take advantage of discount programs.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
ssdd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,045
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
That actually sounds like a great deal - is there a catch?

While I agree that Chrysler's obviously pushing to hit their parts sales objective it may be a great deal for the dealer that's sitting on a lot of dead inventory.

In the past I know that some of these programs had limitations that made them less attractive - mostly that you could take advantage of discount programs.
I think the catch is they want you to stop buying cheaper parts for ro's from the local parts store and buy everything from mopar...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #4
SHACOS
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 838
Default

How long is the return allowance good for? Maybe it expires quickly?
SHACOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:21 AM   #5
XDCX
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 14,855
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHACOS View Post
How long is the return allowance good for? Maybe it expires quickly?
I'm going to send an e-mail to the Service and Parts Director at a large Northwest Dodge Dealer and see if he can provide some clarification.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
ssdd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,045
Default

I think it is good for one year and if you don't sell the stuff you bought, they will buy it back, not sure though...
ssdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will the elimination of the Chrysler Rewards Credit Card be a big deal? XDCX Finance 2 10-07-2009 06:40 PM
Do most customers seem to know or care about the Fiat/Chrysler deal? XDCX Sales 5 07-14-2009 09:52 AM
Dollar/Thrifty RAC sign deal with Ford XDCX Sales 0 02-11-2009 11:23 AM
Thoughts about the Fiat/Chrysler deal XDCX Sales 20 01-26-2009 09:33 PM
Will Chrysler and Nissan do a deal together? XDCX Sales 3 03-06-2008 09:09 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright DealershipForum.com - 2008 - 2016