Go Back   DealershipForum.com > Domestic Franchises and Independent Dealers > Chrysler > Parts

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
XDCX
Administrator

Default Mopar's Press Release based on Orlando information

Here's a link to Mopar's Press Release which coincides with the information they're sharing with the dealers in Orlando - click here

Most of the information appears to be re-hash with the exception of the Jeep Camper Trailers from Mopar. I've read about Mopar's plan to offer a camper trailer in the past and I remember there were comments that it was pretty expensive relative to the competition. Either way, I doubt the market for a Jeep Camper Trailer is very big and won't have a big impact for too many dealers.

The Mopar Press Release also mentioned the Mopar eStore again promoting the fact customers can order over 100,000 Mopar parts online. To the extent pricing remains at MSRP I doubt this will generate much interest.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
steve_biegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDCX View Post
Here's a link to Mopar's Press Release which coincides with the information they're sharing with the dealers in Orlando - click here

Most of the information appears to be re-hash with the exception of the Jeep Camper Trailers from Mopar. I've read about Mopar's plan to offer a camper trailer in the past and I remember there were comments that it was pretty expensive relative to the competition. Either way, I doubt the market for a Jeep Camper Trailer is very big and won't have a big impact for too many dealers.

The Mopar Press Release also mentioned the Mopar eStore again promoting the fact customers can order over 100,000 Mopar parts online. To the extent pricing remains at MSRP I doubt this will generate much interest.
Wow the campers are 10 grand and 12 grand.....Seems like a lot.
steve_biegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
LJS

They are a lot of money for how small they are. Besides that the RV/trailer market is in the toilet right now with all the huricane Katrina trailers being dumped into the market place.
LJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
Moparguy

Thats Mopar for you. Last one in the pool and at the highest price. Why don't they just revive Chrysler Marine and we can pull Boats around again. That industry is in the toilet too. Why don't we just concentrate on selling vehicles with some gross. Turning my sales staff into trailer experts is not my idea of fun.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
possum

Who will handle warranty for this mess?
possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
XDCX
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
Thats Mopar for you. Last one in the pool and at the highest price. Why don't they just revive Chrysler Marine and we can pull Boats around again. That industry is in the toilet too. Why don't we just concentrate on selling vehicles with some gross. Turning my sales staff into trailer experts is not my idea of fun.
I'm sure Mopar is just re-branding some camper manufacturer's product and will probably process the orders as vendor ship so they'll be mostly out of the loop. Chrysler likely has a minimal investment in time or resources beyond the completion of a licensing agreement.

I don't fault Mopar for looking for new ideas but I bet if they would have surveyed their dealers they would have identified better opportunities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum View Post
Who will handle warranty for this mess?
Good question.

It reminds me of the days when the Dodge Van used to be popular for conversions - they were a nightmare for most Service Managers when it came to getting claims paid to fix problems with the conversion.
XDCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
dodgequality

Anybody want to buy my toxic warranty claims from a bunch of Van conversion companies - MarkIII, etal?
dodgequality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
birch3x

The trailers look like they have actual Wrangler parts on them
birch3x is offline   Reply With Quote