DealershipForum.com

DealershipForum.com (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive Discussions (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Used vehicles with an eerie history..... (http://www.dealershipforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2442)

XDCX 01-12-2011 11:30 AM

Used vehicles with an eerie history.....

I was checking out some vehicles Copart was going to auction this afternoon and found the following 2009 Chrysler 300 with a "Bio Hazard" disclosure:

Upon closer review I counted 8 to 10 bullet holes in the front windshield and the other photographs showed blood in the interior. (I'm guessing the blood is the Bio Hazard.)

The vehicle will sell with a clean title and I doubt the buyer has any obligation to disclose the history. That said, I wouldn't want to sell or own a vehicle that someone was most likely murdered in. :parnoid:

Maybe I'm naive, but I always thought crime scene vehicles were cleaned up before they were sold.

SHACOS 01-12-2011 01:13 PM

Funny. I thought all 300's were classifed as biohazards with or without the blood. :)

possum 01-12-2011 01:20 PM

The 300 has the "rep" of a gangster, mafia, or 'hood car.
Looks like this one lived up to the hype. If the price is good, someone will buy it, clean it up, make money, and never give it a thought.

Needhelp 01-12-2011 01:38 PM

Post removed.

JoeRocket 01-12-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDCX (Post 22711)
That said, I wouldn't want to sell or own a vehicle that someone was most likely murdered in.

Screw it. If the price is right, I'll drive it. I'd even leave the bullet holes in it.

XDCX 01-12-2011 02:26 PM

Sold for $11,200 - pending approval

The Chrysler 300 sold for $11,200 pending the approval of the seller.

Based on the Item Number it appears the vehicle was part of a rental fleet - perhaps that explains why it wasn't cleaned before it was offered for sale?

The vehicle was a 2009 Chrysler 300 Touring with the 3.5 V6 and 32K on the odometer. Given the Copart fees, transportation and repairs I really wonder if there's enough money left to me made to make it worth the effort?

XDCX 01-12-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHACOS (Post 22713)
Funny. I thought all 300's were classifed as biohazards with or without the blood. :)

That reminds me of CL's post when he commented you'd probably rather have VD than Dodge. :rolleyes:

Still not feeling the love for Chrysler products?

XDCX 01-12-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeRocket (Post 22717)
Screw it. If the price is right, I'll drive it. I'd even leave the bullet holes in it.

Well, that would certainly cut-down on the repair expense.

Just replace the windshield, stitch-up the holes in the seat and you're good to go....

s-works 01-12-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

I once put my wife in a used demo that hadnt been cleaned up. It had an odd stain in the car on the passenger seat. She hated the car anyway as it was. I told her that was wear the lady died. Nobody died in the car. It didnt matter to her. She never drove it again.

possum 01-12-2011 04:30 PM

That price seems high to me, given the condition. Clean units are close to the same at Manheim.

Jim 01-12-2011 04:49 PM

It's a Chrysler. $10 G's behind book.

XDCX 01-12-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by possum (Post 22723)
That price seems high to me, given the condition.

That's what I thought too.

Although it's hard to tell from the single picture I included it appears both the hood and the roof have bullet holes that need to be repaired. The dashboard and seats likely have damage that needs to be repaired and it's possible one of the bullets could have damaged the instrument panel and wiring.

SHACOS 01-12-2011 07:18 PM

X, feeling a little down on the Chrysler turn around attempt. A little half ass. But, I hope they can drive for a Ford like turn around. Those new Explorer commercials have even got me thinking I might need to get myself a crossover for my next lease. :)

s-works 01-12-2011 07:34 PM

Horrible groupings.

Are you sure that wasn't B-10 on the auction block?

I can picture the auctioneer now.....
Next on the block a Walter p Chrysler edition 2009 with vented front windshield. If you steal it today you are guaranteed to end up better than the last guy who tried. Makes a great demo for the salesperson on the bottom of the board!

mr4t60e 01-12-2011 09:23 PM

I always got a kick trying to reconstruct the last month or so that owners of cars (repos I would guess) that we used to get in from some auction south of Chicago. In addition to the countless sets of jumper cables and sunglasses, I got a pretty good collection of awful CDs, countless herbal smoking implements and other items that do not bear repeating. I learned a valuable lesson from situations like that: EVERYTHING has value in the car biz and the underground economy should be embraced.